Parent Information Sessions
At the end of each academic year in July and start of September, we hold parent information sessions to share with parents/carers what their children will be learning in their new year group after the summer holidays.
This gives parents/carers the opportunity to:
- Look into the new topic
- Share the Knowledge Organisers (Sticky Knowledge) sheets with their child
- Prepare their child for their new learning by encouraging them to ask 'big questions' ready for contributing to the class planning in September.
- See how phonics and reading will be taught in the new year group and how they can help at home over the summer
- See the development of Talk for Writing (English) and encourage their child to recall stories learnt already
- See how Maths will be taught in the new year group and what methods we will be using by sharing the calculation strategy for the year group
- Explore our School Values and Rights together
- Understand key events for their child in their new year group such as Phonics Screening Check in Year 1, SATs Y2 (optional) and Y6, Multiplication Timestable Check
- Know where to go for further help in school with our school SENCO
See the slides from the Parent Information Sessions below.