Developing Young Citizens
Jigsaw PSHE and RSE
We are proud to use 'Jigsaw' to deliver the statutory PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education) and RSE (Relationships and Sex Education) curriculum.
Children at Penponds take part in Jigsaw lessons throughout each half term. All lessons have a focus on mental health and wellbeing, through the use of reflection times and calming meditations.
In the second part of the Summer Term each year, every class will cover the 'Changing Me' unit of Jigsaw. This is an important unit which progresses throughout children's time at school to teach them age appropriate content about their bodies and about relationships. The following leaflet provides further detail for parents about what to expect and about which of these lessons are compulsory.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch and we will be happy to support.
Teaching principles for PSHE/RSHE
- RSHE is taught as specific lessons with specific content
- We adapt the curriculum to meet short term needs that arise in our community or global news event
- We actively teach diversity in modern Britain
- We plan a comprehensive curriculum using resources from Jigsaw
- We recall previously taught knowledge
- We consult with parents about content with our curriculum